Who Said It?
Here’s a little guessing game today-you have to figure out who said these memorable lines in history.
I’m not going to give you the answers until the end of this article.
Don’t cheat by looking at them before making a guess!
After you read the quotes and the authors, ponder the state of our political system today.
Because it’s abysmal.
Simple and true because one of the quoted authors is none other than Donald Trump.
See how he compares to these other people? How much he sounds like them? Troubling, isn’t it?
Think about that sometime.
Quotes from famous people
1. What good fortune for governments that the people do not think.
2. It is not truth that matters, but victory.
3. Strength lies not in defense but in attack.
4. All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.
5. If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.
6. Success is the sole earthly judge of right and wrong.
7. Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.
8. Great liars are also great magicians.
9. What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
10. When somebody challenges you, fight back. Be brutal, be tough.
11. One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don’t go into government.
12. Everything in life is luck.
13. You must always be doing things and obviously succeeding. The hard part is to keep people always at the window because of the spectacle you put on for them. And you must do this for years.
14. A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
15. People like me sound like a lot of big cannons.
16. The rich will do anything for the poor but get off their backs.
17. I want you to know that everything I did, I did for my country.
1-8 Adolf Hitler
9-12 Donald Trump
13. Benito Mussolini
14. Vladimir Lenin
15. Mao Zedong
16. Karl Marx
17. Pol Pot